connect to https unpossible. Please help.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Oct 21 02:05:45 EDT 2005

"Mark Delon" <mark.delon at gmx.at> wrote:

>i want to log via python script to https page:
>
>'https://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/'
>#
>But it does not work.
>
>I am using following code(see below)
>
>Has somebody any ideas?
>How can I get to this https page?
>Need I to know some infos from "provider"(certificates, etc)?
>Thank u very much !

You are trying to set this up to use HTTP BasicAuth authorization, but this
page is not using HTTP authorization.  You can recognize HTTP authorization
by the separate browser window that pops up to ask for your username and
password.

In this case, the username and password fields are just ordinary fields on
a form.  What you need to do is read the HTTP on that page, and figure out
how to send a URL containing values for those fields.  In this case, the
form data goes to
https://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/welcome/loginaction.phtml, and you'll need
to encode 'login' and 'pwd' fields in the POST data.

However, that isn't the end of your trouble.  That page will almost
certainly send you a cookie, which you will need to send back with every
request.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.