Extending Python

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Thu Oct 6 12:48:01 EDT 2005

On 5 Oct 2005 10:38:21 -0700, Tuvas <brp13 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a good tutorial on how to extend python with C code. I
> have an application built in C that I need to be able to use in Python.
> I have searched through various sources, starting of course with the
> Python site itself, and others, but I felt a bit lacking from the
> Python site, it seems it was only made for those who installed the
> source distribution, as for the other people...

So -- install the source distribution, then! You only want one or two
example files from it anyway. I have seen no need for it, personally.
You certainly don't have to compile your own Python to extend it.

> Anyways, thanks for the
> help!

Some work in progress, for what it's worth. Might serve as an example, but
don't trust it too much. It's yet-another literal interface to libpcap.

  http://snipabacken.dyndns.org/~grahn/tmp/pcap2/

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!