A macro editor

bruno modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Oct 21 05:34:39 EDT 2005

Tom Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>
>> So - _I_ think the better user-experience comes froma well-working
>> easy to use REPL to quickly give the scripts a try.
>

> I'd agree with that. Which is better, a difficult language with lots of
> fancy tools to help you write it, or an easy language?
>
> I don't know Groovy, but having looked at some examples, it looks like
> jave with a makeover, which, compared to python, sounds like a difficult
> language.
>
> As for python vs ruby, i can't really offer any insights on the
> languages themselves. Personally, i'd go for python, but that's because
> i know python and not ruby.

I know a bit of Ruby, and my *very humble* opinion is that Python is
easier for beginners - *but* I'm probably (certainly) biased here, so
you'd better find some non-programmers  having learn Ruby in a similar
context and ask them about this (with the buzzword around Rails, you
find such people easily...)

--
bruno desthuilliers