Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Michael Heiming michael+USENET at www.heiming.de
Sat Oct 15 17:38:17 EDT 2005

In comp.os.linux.misc Matt Garrish <matthew.garrish at sympatico.ca>:
> "Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET at www.heiming.de> wrote in message
[..]

>> Dunno what's so BS about the possibility that the wintel mafia
>> works hand in hand, M$ introduces a new OS and Intel faster CPU.

> Your presumption that poor coding has anything to do with CPU development is
> absurd. There may be times that M$ has to wait on faster chips before
> pushing new technologies or Intel has to wait on M$ before pushing new chips
> (like their 64bit chips that probably won't be get over-hyped until the next
> iteration of Winblows rolls around), but that's hardly evidence of the two
> working hand-in-hand.

Doesn't really matter who is providing faster something that'll
need or provide more power, the other will catch up soon, just to
keep the game going.

>> People need to use the first, luckily both come bundled with the
>> latest PC people just need to buy right now. Iirc this is called
>> marketing, you don't seem to have much clue about.
>>

> Er, that's not called marketing but a software/hardware bundle. Marketing
> would be the propaganda that tries to convince you that you need both. When
> you have no option that's not marketing but a monopoly, which sort of brings
> this all full-circle...

Ops, sorry. Having no option is M$ marketing (monopoly) for the
usual user. Glad to see you got my point. ;-)

mail: echo zvpunry at urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 71: The file system is full of it