UI toolkits for Python

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Thu Oct 13 17:02:53 EDT 2005

 Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> However, Tkinter not most people's favorite, because the widgets look
> crude, they don't resemble the native widgets of any popular platform,
> and the widget set is somewhat limited.

People should probably be more aware of work that has been going on with
Tk recently (after a fairly long hiatus) in terms of greatly improving
its appearance, adding theming, and more.  It's worth checking out, and
of course, if there's a way to help get some of these changes into
Tkinter, the Tk folks would I'm sure be helpful.

Here's a portion of a note that Jeff Hobbs posted to the Ruby group
recently, on a similar topic: