suggestions between these two books

Wed Oct 26 11:38:50 EDT 2005

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I should mention that I misspoke
when I said I'm new to programming. I've actually been learning C# for
the past few months, and I'm fairly familiar with a lot of programming
basics. I just wanted to make sure no one recommended an "Expert" level
book!  :)

Basically I'd like an intro to the Python language/syntax. I don't
necessarily need to know how everything works under the hood just yet.
It seems Learning Python might be good for that. I get the feeling that
Beginning Python starts out with the basics but quickly escalates.