suggestions between these two books

Micah Elliott mde at micah.elliott.name
Wed Oct 26 11:47:24 EDT 2005

On Oct 26, John Salerno wrote:
> Hi all. I'm fairly new to programming and I thought I'd like to try
> Python. I'm trying to decide between these two books:
>
> Learning Python (O'Reilly)
> Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional (APress)

Consider first reading the tutorial.  If you prefer to read from paper
there is a PDF version
<http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/download.html>.

There is also the "Python in a Nutshell" book which only covers Python
2.2 but has a very concise language intro, and will become an
invaluable reference.  I wish I had started with this book; then I
wouldn't have needed to buy some of the others.

--
|V|icah |- lliott  http://micah.elliott.name  mde at micah.elliott.name