Pythot doc problem: lambda keyword...

Pisin Bootvong joesb.coe9 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 03:36:26 EDT 2005

Xah Lee เขียน:
> i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambda”
> function feature. I've seen it before, but today i need to read about
> it again since i'm writing. I quickly went to the index page:
> http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/genindex.html
> but all i got is a LambdaType.
>
> i'm thinking, maybe built-in functions are not listed there. Lo, but
> map() and friends are there. O, maybe i'm confused and “lambda” is
> actually a keyword by this particular language's feelings, but Lo,
> “while” is certainly a keyword but it is there.
>
> Fuck the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
> shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare.
>
> (for the technical context and justification of this message, please
> see the essays at the bottom of:
> http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python.html )
>
>  Xah
>  xah at xahlee.org
>http://xahlee.org/

I knew I shouldn't feed the troll, but anyway.

'lambda' is a keyword. So there's no doubt looking in LIBRARY Reference
and not finding it.
There exists a document called LANGUAGE Reference, with description of
'lambda' keyword. http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/ref/lambdas.html.
('while' statement is also documented in Language Reference.)

So to quote from Xah Lee:
> Fuck the [...] ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
> shit and yet lying thru their teeth [...].

You can't complain about lacks of knowledge if you don't know where to
look.
BTW, you post to the wrong group.

Regards,