UI toolkits for Python

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Oct 14 01:54:58 EDT 2005

> > However, Tkinter not most people's favorite, because the widgets look
> > crude, they don't resemble the native widgets of any popular platform,
> > and the widget set is somewhat limited.

(given that the web interface is the new black, that's not much of
an argument.  tkinter with the right stylesheet can look anyway you
want)

Mark Roseman wrote:

> People should probably be more aware of work that has been going on with
> Tk recently (after a fairly long hiatus) in terms of greatly improving
> its appearance, adding theming, and more.  It's worth checking out, and
> of course, if there's a way to help get some of these changes into
> Tkinter, the Tk folks would I'm sure be helpful.

maybe this should be reposted to tkinter-discuss ?

fwiw, I still use Tkinter for all UI:s I build, but these days, 80-90%
of the visible widgets are based on this module:

    http://effbot.org/zone/wck.htm

sometimes combined with:

    http://effbot.org/zone/draw-agg.htm

</F>