UI toolkits for Python

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Oct 14 11:39:08 EDT 2005

"Adriaan Renting" <renting at astron.nl> writes:
[On Qt]
> I don't know how it performs on OSX, I think it works fine, as Qt is
> available on OSX.

Qt on OS X is halfway there. It looks - and acts - like an aqua
application. However, to support the Command key, they hacked things
so that it is reported to the upper layers as the Control key. This
means that there's no way to get to use the control key in the UI for
qt apps on OS X.

This really rapes apps with configurable shortcuts. For instance, LyX
comes with a couple of emacsish bindings. You can turn them on, but
you have to use Command-key instead of Control-key, which pretty
thoroughly defeats the purpose.

           <mike