Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Fri Oct 28 15:58:24 EDT 2005

"Mike Meyer" <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message
news:86zmoufiww.fsf at bhuda.mired.org...

> The quote about the mafia doesn't compare MS's actions to "actual use
> of force".

    I'm sorry, that's just absurd. I won't speculate on what motivates you
to engage in such crazy distortion. Of course the quote about the Mafia
compares MS's actions to actual use of force.

> It compares MS to people who are willing to use force to
> get their ends. But there is no "actual use of force."

    This is a gross distortion. What makes the Mafia the Mafia, and the only
reason to invoke them, is because they actually do use and threaten force.
They're not just willing to use force, they directly threaten it and use it
to get their ends, and it's the only thing they do.

    The type of threatening force that the Mafia uses it the type that is
itself force. When you say to someone "give me all your money or I'll shoot
you", it's force whether or not you actually have to shoot them.

    DS