Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Oct 28 16:50:28 EDT 2005

"David Schwartz" <davids at webmaster.com> writes:
> "Mike Meyer" <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message
> news:86zmoufiww.fsf at bhuda.mired.org...
>> The quote about the mafia doesn't compare MS's actions to "actual use
>> of force".
>     I'm sorry, that's just absurd. I won't speculate on what motivates you
> to engage in such crazy distortion. Of course the quote about the Mafia
> compares MS's actions to actual use of force.

Maybe true, maybe not - but it doesn't matter. The point is that you
respond to *every* comparison of MS with other criminals as a
comparison to "criminals with guns", and then refuse to discuss the
issue, with utter disregard as to what the other person said. That you
might be right in one case is irrelevant - we're talking about a
pattern of behavior.

If MS had been found guilty of abuse of monopoly power in one
instance, few people would care. People do make mistakes. That they
have been found guilty of such abuse repeatedly, on multiple
continents, and were recently caught doing it yet again - that's what
makes them criminals. It's the pattern of behavior that matters, not
the single instances.

I'm still waiting for you to come up with an explanation for the
pattern of your behavior other than that you're taking orders from
MS. But I expect yout to deny that it exists.

    <mike