Jargons of Info Tech industry

Gordon Burditt gordonb.u09l7 at burditt.org
Tue Oct 4 13:57:13 EDT 2005

>>I think e-mail should be text only.
>
>I disagree.  Your problem  is spam, not HTML. Spam is associated with
>HTML and people have in Pavlovian fashion come to hate HTML.
>
>But HTML is not the problem!

HTML enables a heck of a lot of problems:  "web bugs" in email,
links to fake sites that appear as real ones in what shows up
on the screen, Javascript viruses, denial-of-service attacks
(pages that open two windows when you close one), etc.

>That is like hating all choirs because televangelists use them.

I liken it more to hating all viruses because some of them
install keyloggers.

						Gordon L. Burditt