Jargons of Info Tech industry

Alan Balmer albalmer at att.net
Mon Oct 10 12:55:20 EDT 2005

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:03:05 +0200, Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen
<lasse at vkarlsen.no> wrote:

>In any case, html email is here to stay. Or perhaps I should remove html
>and say "richly formatted", whatever that might mean in the future.
>
>But trying to keep your email world into a pure text-based
>no-formatting-whatsoever world, that's a fantasy bubble that is bound to
>burst, sooner rather than later.
>
>Deal with it.

And you're calling other people control freaks!

Sorry to burst *your* bubble, but no one has to "deal with it." For
centuries, intelligent people have managed to convey information using
plain text, and they'll manage for the foreseeable future.

I'm surprised that you can bring yourself to write articles in such a
humble venue as Usenet.
--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting