Jargons of Info Tech industry

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Oct 11 11:45:03 EDT 2005

axel at white-eagle.invalid.uk writes:
> I don't know how much spam other people receive but on one account I
> hardly receive any as I reserve it for friends and business. On another
> I had about 40 spam messages which took all of ten seconds to delete.
> Hardly a serious matter.

You don't have a spam problem. I get a few thousand spams a day -
which get filtered down to a handful. I don't have a spam problem.

Jeff Poskanzer, now *he* has a spam problem. He gets a few million
spams a day: <URL: http://www.acme.com/mail_filtering/ >.

For anyone who runs an ISP, spam is chewing up an ever-growing
percentage of their bandwidth, and a significant fraction of their
staff time. They have a spam problem.

But me and you, we don't have a spam problem. At most it's an
annoyance.

        <mike