Yes, this is a python question, and a serious one at that (moving to Win XP)

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Sat Oct 15 04:45:17 EDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:37:25 +0200, Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> wrote:
> Kenneth McDonald a écrit :
>> For unfortunate reasons, I'm considering switching back to Win XP  (from
>> OS X) as my "main" system. Windows has so many annoyances that  I can
>> Yes, I know that Cygwin is out there, but last I looked, they still
>> went through the Win command-line window, which imposes a lot of
>> restrictions.
> Last time I checked, you could install a native win32gui version of rxvt
> with cygwin. This would give you a better terminal window than that
> crappy thing you get in XP.

Last time /I/ checked (two years ago or so) that rxvt looked nice enough,
but was impossible to use in practice. I cannot remember /what/ the problem
was -- possibly it was that it could only run CygWin-compiled commands, or
something vital only worked with CygWin-compiled commands. Google probably
knows more.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has improved since then, or if someone else
has come up with a serious Win32 terminal. There is surely a need for one!

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!