Jargons of Info Tech industry

Dave Hansen iddw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:02:23 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:44:22 GMT, Roedy Green
<my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote:

[...]
>Obviously you can't trust anything code-like that arrives from
>strangers. It is an extension of the law Mommy laid down not to take
>candy from strangers.
>
>However, formatted text is not code. Pictures are not code.  It is
>unfair to tar them with the brush of JavaScript or the goofy things
>Outlook does with enclosures.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-028.mspx

library, used my almost all Windoze email and web clients, would allow
an attacker to execute any arbitrary code he wished on your computer
simply by tricking you into viewing a doctored JPEG image.  Since
solved (this problem is _so_ last year, dahling), but it belies your
assertion that "pictures are not code."

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--