Stripping ASCII codes when parsing

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 17 13:50:31 EDT 2005

This is very nice :-)  Thank you Tony.  I think this will be the way to
go.  My concern ATM is where it will be best to unicode. The data after
this will go into dict and a few processes and into database. Because
input source if not explicit encoding, I will have to assume ISO-8859-1
I believe but could well be cp1252 for most part ( because it says no
ASCII (0-30) but alright ASCII chars 128-254) and because most are
Windows users.  Am thinking to unicode after stripping these characters
and validating text, then unicoding (utf-8) so it is unicode in dict.
Then when I perform these other processes it should be uniform and then
it will go into database as unicode.  I think this should be ok.

Regards,
David