Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen jadedgamer at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 04:11:07 EDT 2005

"David Schwartz" <davids at webmaster.com> writes:

>     How is that better? Nothing in your car depends upon what tires you have
> on. But all of the rest of the software on your computer is dependent upon
> your choice of OS.

Which cars let you install another engine as easily as you can install
a new operating system? Admit the analogy sucks, like all car-computer
analogies invariably do.

>     I don't really know why and I don't particularly care. I think it has a
> lot to do with support costs and may also have to do with the type of deals
> Microsoft offers.

Microsoft apologists always assume that training cost for Windows
users are zero, that people "know" Windows from the start. If that was
true, there would not be a multi-million market in Windows user
support.

>     The point is, they do. And there's nothing unusual, immoral, or
> problemmatic about it. If you don't think the total package is worth the
> total package price, buy elsewhere.

But when Microsoft were doing their illegal arm-wringing of dealers,
there was no "elsewhere" to go.