When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 7 17:14:51 EDT 2005

On 2005-10-07, Terry Hancock <hancock at anansispaceworks.com> wrote:

> Of course, just to keep y'all on your toes, we Texans have not only
> construed "their" to singular, but also "you", and added a new
> plural "y'all".

AFAICT, in many parts of "The South", y'all is now used in the
singular (e.g. "y'all" is used when addressing a single
person), and "all y'all" is the plural form used when
addressing a group of people collectively.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If elected, Zippy
                                  at               pledges to each and every