When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Fri Oct 7 20:31:27 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:28:18PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2005-10-07, Jack Diederich <jack at performancedrivers.com> wrote:
> >
> > It is a bit odd that You'uns, yins, and yous are confined to Pennsylvania
> > and very distinct east-west regions inside PA at that (Pittsburgh vs
> > Philly orbits).
>
> Eastern and Western Pennsylvania are practically different
> countries when it comes to language and culture.

I'll buy that, I'm from Eastern PA (half PA Dutch) and I've only been
to Pittsburgh once.  There is a very good reason for this, the six hour
drive is the same as from Philly to Boston (through NJ, NY, CT and into
MA). Alternatively you can drive from Philly to DC to Philly or
Philly to New York to Philly to New York in the same amount of time.

-jack