Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Sun Oct 16 07:02:34 EDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:54:20 +0200, Jeroen Wenting wrote:

>> What you call "clever marketing" the DOJ calls "monopolistic
>> practices". The courts agreed with the DOJ. Having had several large
>> PC manufacturers refuse to sell me a system without some form of
>> Windows because MS made it impossible for them to compete if they
>> didn't agree to do so, I agree with the courts and the DOJ.
>>
> And were later forced to rescind.

False. When the Bush administration took over from Clinton, they didn't
follow through with punishing Microsoft for, e.g. perjury, but they didn't
"rescind" the judgement.

> The judge who wrote that opinion is well
> known for his anti-Microsoft activism.

Well, that sure answered my previous question.

Remember, Microsoft has been found guilty of illegal practices in *many*
civil suits, and settled out of court many more, plus TWO American DoJ
investigations by two different judges, plus Japan, the EU, and a number
of individual European nations.

--
Steven.