q: console widgets for *nix and windows?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Nov 15 09:55:31 EST 2005

On 2005-11-15, aum <aum at spam.me.please> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:56:36 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>>> Can anyone please recommend a widget library for text console,
>>> that works not only on *nix systems but windows /as well/?
>>> I'm looking for something a bit higher-level than pure curses,
>>> preferably with a gui-like set of widgets, event loop, handler
>>> methods etc.
>>
>> http://tvision.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thanks - but the python wrapper (pytvision.sf.net) is pretty broken,
> particularly the windows build.

Sorry about that, I've never tried it under python.  I tried a
C demo under linux a few years back.

> Any other suggestions?

I'm not aware of Python support for it, but there's also the
"Curses Development Kit" (CDK).  IIRC, it's a little
lower-level that what you're asking for, but I'm not really
aware of anything else.

http://www.vexus.ca/products/CDK/
http://invisible-island.net/cdk/

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Could I have a drug
                                  at               overdose?