q: console widgets for *nix and windows?

aum aum at spam.me.please
Tue Nov 15 03:07:49 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:56:36 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

>> Can anyone please recommend a widget library for text console,
>> that works not only on *nix systems but windows /as well/?
>> I'm looking for something a bit higher-level than pure curses,
>> preferably with a gui-like set of widgets, event loop, handler
>> methods etc.
>
> http://tvision.sourceforge.net/

Thanks - but the python wrapper (pytvision.sf.net) is pretty broken,
particularly the windows build.

Any other suggestions?

Looking for:
 - builds ok under gcc on linux and mingw on win32
 - has python wrapper available that builds with the same tools
 - works
 - can use the win32 cmd.exe console

I've tried urwid over wvision, but still no luck.

My main need is to create a user interface compatible with blind users'
screen reader programs - for both linux and win32.

--
Cheers
aum