Python and MySQL

Thomas Bartkus thomasbartkus at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 18:08:57 EST 2005

"Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.44.1130970219.18701.python-list at python.org...
> Thomas Bartkus wrote:
> > Well, I'm looking at the source for the ever popular MySQLdb library. It
> > appears to be nothing but straight up Python source code. I see no
reason
> > why you couldn't just take these modules and put them in your own
private
> > directory. There is nothing secret here.
> >
> I have a _mysql.c as a part of my distrbution of MySQLdb. Don't you?

You made me give that library a good hard stare.

And no - everything is enunciated in clear Python (.py) code with
corresponding (.pyc) and (.pyo).  It appears we have Python source for
everything.

   FWIW:

>>> print MySQLdb.version_info
(1, 2, 0, 'final', 1)

There doesn't seem to be .c code to be found anywhere.
Thomas Bartkus