Python and MySQL

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 2 20:27:12 EST 2005

Thomas Bartkus wrote:
> "Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.44.1130970219.18701.python-list at python.org...
>
>>Thomas Bartkus wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I'm looking at the source for the ever popular MySQLdb library. It
>>>appears to be nothing but straight up Python source code. I see no
>
> reason
>
>>>why you couldn't just take these modules and put them in your own
>
> private
>
>>>directory. There is nothing secret here.
>>>

>>I have a _mysql.c as a part of my distrbution of MySQLdb. Don't you?
>>

> You made me give that library a good hard stare.
>
> And no - everything is enunciated in clear Python (.py) code with
> corresponding (.pyc) and (.pyo).  It appears we have Python source for
> everything.
>
>    FWIW:

> (1, 2, 0, 'final', 1)

OK. I saw that my own version was (1, 0, 0, 'final', 1), so I assumed
Andy's updated the package somewhat. However, downloading the source of
1.2 I see that _mysql.c still appears, and that the package's
__init__.py still includes the line

include _mysql

My C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages directory does contain a _mylsql.pyd
file. Would you like to check that we are talking about the same module?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119