Reinvent no more forever

ismaelgfk at gmail.com ismaelgfk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:53:42 EST 2005

Ben Finney wrote:
> Fine sentiments. What does this mean for PyPI though? How should those
> of us who also want to "reinvent no more forever" proceed? How do we
> deal with the rampant proliferation of a zillion implementations of
> some standard idiom in PyPI?

How about some kind of "mega util" package? One big package with all
those recurring reinventions. If it gets popular enough, I'm sure it
could stop so much reinvention.
Perhaps even pack all the similar-but-different implementations in one
package (and then have
from wheel import enumA
from wheel import enumB , etc.. )

Actually, "The wheel" is quite a good name for such a package :-P

I'm thinking that a Wiki would be quite suitable for development, to
incite more contributions (rather than only CVS).

What do you think?

Ismael