Reinvent no more forever

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 17 22:26:33 EST 2005

Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> >   - It's just a pretty simple type, with unit tests. Does this
> >   really justify a PyPI package?
>
> Yes.

Thanks for the brief, but supportive discussion from everyone. I've
now packaged and uploaded my simple module. (No prizes for discovering
it; I don't think it warrants discussion in this thread.)

I guess I wasn't putting much faith in social measures for solving
problems after they occur, and imagined some kind of oversight or
moderation or suchlike. In retrospect, that sounds like a terrible
idea, and social measures are the only thing that *can* properly deal
with these issues.

--
 \        "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without |
  `\                                    result."  -- Winston Churchill |