which feature of python do you like most?

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Tue Nov 8 09:53:45 EST 2005

zelzel.zsu at gmail.com wrote:
> which feature of python do you like most?
>
> I've heard from people that python is very useful.
> Many people switch from perl to python because they like it more.
>
> I am quite familiar with perl, I've don't lots of code in perl.
> Now, I was curious and interested in the python people.
> They certainly made their best choice from perl to python.
>
> but i have no interesting python experence before, thought i've read a
> few chapters
> of a python tutorial book. The things are much like the perl one.
>
> I have no idea why people are so facinating with python.
>
> So I post this question:  What do you use in your dairy work with
> python?

Err... Python ?-)

> what is the thing that python makes you happy?

readability, expressivity, simplicity. And also everything-is-an-object.
And also list comprehensions. And also iterators and generators. And
also  properties, descriptors and metaclasses. And also anonymous
functions, callable objects and decorators. And the librairies too. And
a lot of other things, in fact...

> I certainly don't want to miss a language if it's so great!
> can anyone share your happy experence with python?

Just install Python and use it, and you'll share our happy experience !-)

--
bruno desthuilliers