Python's website does a great disservice to the language

CppNewB noway at nospam.com
Tue Nov 1 16:06:40 EST 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2804.1130875870.509.python-list at python.org...
> svenn.are at bjerkem.de wrote:
>
> to post a "can we round up a couple of designers?" message with an in-
> flammatory subject line.  that algorithm is rather simplistic, and can be

If it's any consolation, I did check Google Groups before posting.  There's
a couple vague posts, most from a couple of years ago, but nothing
indivcative that a redesign was right around the corner....

My query:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=redesign+website&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=comp.lang.python&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=11&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

Inflammatory?  Usually the thing you are most defensive about is the subject
matter you should be evaluating closer.

My thoughts weren't to add a flash demo or develop some 500K logo or fixing
the font size. But the logos look like they were done in Paint and maybe a
readable default font is in order.

Look at the site not as a resource for Python (for which it is a great) but
as an entity forming your first impressions of the project.