Python's website does a great disservice to the language

CppNewB noway at nospam.com
Tue Nov 1 16:10:21 EST 2005

"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2805.1130877037.509.python-list at python.org...
> Robert Boyd <robert.h.boyd at gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
>> rounded corners. The Python site is clean and to-the-point. I guess I
>> could
>> admin that the various Python logos look dated, but that's about it. Oh,
>> and
> [...]
>
> I love the logos!

Exactly my sentiment.

I know Python's capabilities and I am more than satisfied. I was introduced
by a friend, not the website.

But to the masses of asses out there that are quickly evaluating their
development choices and jumping from Visual Studio to Delphi's website to
Ruby on Rail's website, the aesthetic welcome will be worn out once they get
to python.org.