Map of email origins to Python list

Claire McLister mclister at zeesource.net
Mon Nov 7 17:50:15 EST 2005

Thanks, Alan. You are absolutely right, we are not using the
NNTP-Posting-Host header for obtaining the IP address.

The Python list is unique among the lists that we have handled so far,
in that it has a cross-posting mechanism with a net news. Hence, it
seems we are getting many more wrong locations here than any other
email list maps we've done so far. We've done them for Linux kernel,
postresql, apache, tomcat, etc. You can find them by searching their
names in the 'find' box. Not many people reported wrong locations on
those maps.

So, we'll have to go back and fix the script that is extracting the IP
address (which is written in Python, btw). Let me know if someone is
interested in taking a look at it and I can post it somewhere.