Zope vs Php

Lars Kellogg-Stedman 8273grkci8q8kgt at jetable.net
Thu Nov 17 22:40:45 EST 2005

> While I'm at it - how does KID do for things that aren't HTML?

I've taken a brief look over the Kid documentation.

It looks like Kid is in the same class of solutions as Zope's TAL (or
Perl's Petal).  In particular, a Kid template is always a valid XML
document, so your designers can open a Kid template in their favorite
HTML editor and it won't cause any weird errors.  Similarly, you can
open the template in a browser while you're working on layout, which
I've certainly found useful working with Petal.

There's a Kid language specification here:

  http://kid.lesscode.org/language.html

There's a standlone Python TAL implementation here:

  http://www.owlfish.com/software/simpleTAL/

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt at jetable.net>
This email address will expire on 2005-11-23.