Zope vs Php

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Nov 17 22:41:46 EST 2005

Sorry.  http://kid.lesscode.org/

> One of the things I really like about Cheetah - at least compared to
> other templating systems I've looked at - is that it's fully
> cooperative with the Python inheritance sydstem. A cheetah template
> can inherit from a python class, or a cheetah template, and a Python
> class can inherit from a cheetah template. This brings the full power
> of OO programming facilities to the templating system, and is simply
> blows away other templating systems, or trying to build that kind of
> flexibilty using "pure python". Does KID have have that kind of
> facility?

I am beginning with it, but it does have it.  You can "extend" from templates
and use classes and methods inside your code as well.  I'm using Kid with
Apache (mod_python) and with CherryPy.

> While I'm at it - how does KID do for things that aren't HTML?
> Cheetah integrates with web servers, but can be used to generate
> nearly anything. I've found that using Cheetah scripts to build
> Makefiles that run Cheetah scripts to build a dynamically determinedj
> set of pages to be pretty handy.

Kid is for XML output.  It won't work with non-HTML output...

> And finally - got a URL?

http://kid.lesscode.org/  ;-)

Be seeing you,
--