General question about Python design goals

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Mon Nov 28 09:18:18 EST 2005

Antoon Pardon wrote:

> I'm sure I could come up with an other example where I would like
> to have both some list method and use it as a dictionary key and
> again people could start about that implementation having some
> flaws and give better implementations.
>
> I'm just illustrating that some list-like methods with tuples
> could be usefull.

But you aren't illustrating that at all. You came up with an example which
showed, at least to me, a good argument why tuples should *not* have list
methods.

If you can come up with a better example that would be good; if any other
example is as flawed then perhaps it shows that your basic assumption is
wrong.