Class Variable Access and Assignment

Stefan Arentz stefan.arentz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:24:16 EST 2005

Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:

> > Ah yes. Well, good luck with that. You seem to have decided that it is not
> > sane and who am I to argue with that. It depends on your state of mind :-)
>
> I can just say the opposite, that you seem to have decided that it is
> sane.

I have. I like the Python model.

> > The model makes sense in my opinion. If you don't like it then there are
> > plenty of other languages to choose from that have decided to implement
> > things differently.
>
> And again this argument. Like it or leave it, as if one can't in general
> like the language, without being blind for a number of shortcomings.

Personally I don't see it as a shortcoming.

> It is this kind of recations that make me think a number of people is
> blindly devoted to the language to the point that any criticism of
> the language becomes intollerable.

No not at all. Just look at all the PEPs and the changes in the language
that have been made in the past. Python is very much community driven and
that shows in it's progress.

You on the other hand keep talking about emo things like 'sane' and
'madness' without giving any technical backing about these problems
that you are having with the language.

Snap out of that, make it a real discussion and maybe something good
will happen. Or not :-)

 S.