Class Variable Access and Assignment

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Fri Nov 4 05:03:17 EST 2005

Op 2005-11-04, Stefan Arentz schreef <stefan.arentz at gmail.com>:
> Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:

>> > Ah yes. Well, good luck with that. You seem to have decided that it is not
>> > sane and who am I to argue with that. It depends on your state of mind :-)
>>
>> I can just say the opposite, that you seem to have decided that it is
>> sane.
>
> I have. I like the Python model.

Fine good for you.

>> > The model makes sense in my opinion. If you don't like it then there are
>> > plenty of other languages to choose from that have decided to implement
>> > things differently.
>>
>> And again this argument. Like it or leave it, as if one can't in general
>> like the language, without being blind for a number of shortcomings.
>
> Personally I don't see it as a shortcoming.

Which isn't the point.

>> It is this kind of recations that make me think a number of people is
>> blindly devoted to the language to the point that any criticism of
>> the language becomes intollerable.
>
> No not at all. Just look at all the PEPs and the changes in the language
> that have been made in the past. Python is very much community driven and
> that shows in it's progress.
>
> You on the other hand keep talking about emo things like 'sane' and
> 'madness' without giving any technical backing about these problems
> that you are having with the language.

That you took those emotionally, is not my responsibility. Would you
prefered it, had I called it a wart? As far as I see it, any negative
comment on python is reacted to in pretty much the same way. So
don't blame it on me using emotional language.

--
Antoon Pardon