Problem with the maxent package

Anthony Liu antonyliu2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 18:17:18 EST 2005

First of all, thank all of you who guided me through
the readline library for enabling bash-like python
interpreter.  This has been taken care of nicely.

I am trying to use the maxent package written by Zhang
Le from here:

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0450736/maxent_toolkit.html#download

The binary package gives me error messages when I
tried calling it from my python script.

Then I attempted to compile the source code of the
maxent packatge, only to find this:

[antony at goofy maxent-20041229]$
... ...
checking for main in -lz... yes
checking for main in -lg2c... no
libg2c not found, this should be shipped with GNU
Fortran compiler.
configure gives up.
[antony at goofy maxent-20041229]$

[antony at goofy maxent-20041229]$libg2c
/usr/lib/libg2c.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libg2c.so.0
[antony at goofy maxent-20041229]$

I don't know how to let the installation know the path
of the libg2c library.

Anyone know how to go about this please?  Thanks.