OpenSSL in Python

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 04:33:04 EST 2005

>>First, is the PYTHON OpenSSL C wrapper what I need to get running.
>

> I think that first you have to get OpenSSL running. Only then can you
> think about wrapping it.
I think Sybren is allright here. After installing openssl, pyopenssl
won't be a problem. So, if you want to install openssl, you could
download the binaries for windows (google for them) or you could compile
it from source, which is the best approach for this kind of libraries.
The last approach is out of the scope of this list as Sybren said. You
should try first to find the answer in the openssl documentation or in
its official list. Then if you aren't able to compile it, then you have
to ask there.

If on the other hand, you have already installed openssl, but the
pyopenssl fails to run, then you can first see if pyopenssl has a
mailing list and ask there. On the contrary, you can ask here.

Regards,
Josef