Cursor Position.

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Nov 9 03:57:43 EST 2005

Samantha wrote:
> I will be using Tkinter. All I need is a way to get the X,Y position from a
> mouse click. I am trying to have an image loaded to click on, but that seems
> to be a problem. So if I can just get the position from the screen of a
> graphics program, showing an image, it will work for me.

Won't be easy - a toolkit (like tkinter) will only cpature your mous
events that are directed towards it's own windows. You might be able to
convince your program to collect mouse-events outside for a short period
of time - like snapshot programs do - but that will reqiure pretty
complicated, OS-dependant coding. Certainly way more complicated than
time there.

Diez