Multiple versions

Me crw at chello.se
Mon Nov 28 21:16:12 EST 2005

Thank you for your reply! Is there a simple way to change the .py/.pyw
associations? Like a registry setting I can "toggle"? Or are there lots of
other things involved, system directory libraries etcetera?

"Tim Golden" <tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk> wrote in message
news:mailman.1283.1133189169.18701.python-list at python.org...
[Me]

> I need to install both 2.3 and 2.4 on my Win2000 system. Can someone
please
> give me a pointer as to how to do this? Thanks!

It depends on your other requirements. The simple answer is: just
install
them (in different directories, eg c:\python23, c:\python24), installing

last the one which you want your .py/.pyw files to be associated with.

If you have more specific requirements concerning shared modules and
so on, the answer might be slightly different. Personally, these
days, I install the versions I want (I have 2.1 - 2.4 on this
machine) and reinstall external modules for each version. My
own modules I keep in a Subversion repository and update as needed.
This avoids slight messiness with mismatched .pyc files, I find.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk