How to write an API for a Python application?

Duncan Grisby duncan-news at grisby.org
Fri Nov 18 17:13:04 EST 2005

In article <m2veyp3d7h.fsf at ordesa.lan>,
Piet van Oostrum  <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>A more lightweight solution might be Ice. <http://www.zeroc.com/ice.html>
>It is architecturally similar to Corba, but with less overhead.

More lightweight and less overhead in what sense?  The performance
measurements I've seen show that Ice is significantly slower than many
CORBA implementations. If you mean more lightweight in terms of ease
of use, I don't see how. I quite agree that it's more lightweight in
terms of size of specification and difficulty for the ORB implementor,
but that's largely irrelevant to the users of the technology.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby         --