wxPython Licence vs GPL

Tue Nov 22 17:02:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:57:12 -0800, Scott David Daniels wrote:

> I would, at the very least, acknowledge the wxPython origin of the code
> whether any remains or not (credit is appreciated and cheap to give).

Ha ha, don't ask movie director James Cameron about *that*. On the basis
of a throw-away line that he "got the idea" for Terminator from a couple
of Harlan Ellison stories, he and the studio were sued by Ellison, who
ultimately won and was awarded millions.

In this world where ideas are thought to be property (if only I could
own the idea that ideas can be owned) the safest position is to claim
you've never read a book, seen a line of code, been to the movies or heard
a song in your life.

(Only half joking.)

--
Steven.