Python's website does a great disservice to the language

CppNewB noway at nospam.com
Tue Nov 1 12:45:11 EST 2005

I was trying to advocate using Python for an upcoming prototype, so my boss
went out to take a look at the documentation and try and get a feel for what
the language is all about.

First comment; "I hope the language is designed better than the site."  The
site is readable, but is amateurish.  If I had an ounce of design skills in
me, I would take a stab at it.

Maybe we could round up a couple of designers to donate some time? Maybe we
could build a basic CMS on top of Django or TurboGears (displaying Python's
capability as a web development stack)?