Python's website does a great disservice to the language

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Nov 1 12:57:34 EST 2005

On 2005-11-01, CppNewB <noway at nospam.com> wrote:

> I was trying to advocate using Python for an upcoming
> prototype, so my boss went out to take a look at the
> documentation and try and get a feel for what the language is
> all about.
>
> First comment; "I hope the language is designed better than
> the site."

It sounds like you work for the prototypical PHB.

> The site is readable, but is amateurish.  If I had an ounce of
> design skills in me, I would take a stab at it.

May God save us from "professional" looking web sites.

> Maybe we could round up a couple of designers to donate some
> time? Maybe we could build a basic CMS on top of Django or
> TurboGears (displaying Python's capability as a web
> development stack)?

I like the Python web site.  It's simple, easy to read, and easy to
use.  Just like the lanuage.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow!! That's a GOOD
                                  at               IDEA!! Eating a whole FIELD