wxPython Licence vs GPL

Andrea Gavana andrea_gavana at tin.it
Tue Nov 22 14:33:34 EST 2005

Hello John & Sarah,

> (This assumes the wxPython Licence is compatible with the GPL -- if not,
> do we just cosmetically change any remaining lines, so none remain from
> the orignal?)

IIRC, wxPython license has nothing to do with GPL. Its license is far more
"free" than GPL is. If you want to create commercial apps with wxPython, you
can do it without messing with licenses. With GPL code is somewhat harder. I
am not an expert but someone has suggested me to change my widgets' license
from GPL to "LGPL with exceptions", that means wxWidgets/wxPython license,
in order to include those widgets inside his applications.

Sorry if that does not help a lot.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77