How to get started in GUI Programming?

Bill william.peterson at mchsi.com
Fri Nov 25 14:31:24 EST 2005

peter.mosley at talk21.com wrote:
> I am trying to learn GUI programming in Python, but have to confess I
> am finding it difficult.
>
> Googling around it seems the best GUI is either Tkinter or PyGtk.

This statement is, and has been subject to much debate. If you ask 10
people on this newsgroup you'll probably get 12 opinions.

If you're having trouble at this early stage, you might want to
reconsider and take another look at either QT or wxWidgets. I've been
through the QT tutorial and was quite satisfied with it, although I'll
admit I was not a GUI newby at the time. I also found the tutorial
accompanying Boa Constructor (http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/)
to be a good start at creating a wxWidgets GUI.

Bill