Choose meaningful subjects for posts [was: Re: newb ?]

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 18 17:05:36 EST 2005

    Grant> If I allowed news posts to interrupt me, I'd never get anything
    Grant> done.  I limit e-mail to things that really do require fairly
    Grant> immediate attention.

Well, I do try to limit the number of things I pay attention to.  However,
as the "Python guy" at work, participating in this group and the python-dev
mailing list overlap my daytime duties.  There are a few other things I
watch as well (matplotlib, pygtk, moin, scipy, etc).  Running through all of
them in one place simplifies my life.  Last time I checked, most of Usenet
was crap (overrun with spam), so on those few occasions where I need
something I just use Google to search for help and post via Google or Gmane.
I never have to worry about NNTP.  I have no idea if my ISP (Comcast) even
provides NNTP access.

Skip