Choose meaningful subjects for posts [was: Re: newb ?]

Micah Elliott mde at micah.elliott.name
Fri Nov 18 16:24:53 EST 2005

On Nov 18, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Grant> Obligatory aside: I'm completely baffled why anybody would choose
>     Grant> the mailing list format over Usenet.  I don't even read mailing
>     Grant> lists via mailing lists.  I recommend gmane.org's NNTP server for
>     Grant> all your mailing list needs.
>
> For the same reason I don't like web forums as a means of
> communication.  I would much rather operate in an interrupt-driven
> mode than have to remember to poll some external service to get my
> daily helping of information.

Agreed!

I notice that a lot of people post here from google.  I did it too
before I discovered the mailing list, which I now use because I
haven't found a news reader that I like nearly as much as mutt.  It's
quite nice to combine email and news into one.

If you have any suggestions for console-based newsreaders, I'm all
ears.  I have tried to setup "tin" in the past but the voluminosity of
its documentation made me give up.

--
|V|icah |- lliott             <><             mde at micah.elliott.name