Learning multiple languages (question for general discussion)

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Thu Nov 3 12:45:37 EST 2005

John Salerno wrote:
> LOL. As weird as it sounds, that's what I *don't* want to happen with
> C#! I've spent a lot of time with it, and I love it, but I don't want
> Python to take over!  :)

Then it might be better to keep away from Python. It *will* spoil
you. Python is a good team player. It's excellent to use in large
projects where different languages fit better for different parts
of the final system,and it's excellent as a programmers tool even
if all production code is written in C# or whatever. Given a free
choice, you'll probably shift more and more of the code to Python
though,since it's faster to write and easier to maintain that way.